Been Charged with a Criminal Offense in Indian Land, South Carolina?
If you have been arrested in Indian Land, S.C., and charged with a crime, you could be facing steep fines and time in prison. A guilty verdict could have a lasting negative impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones who may depend on you. You should seek the guidance of an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights and your liberty.
Having a strong defense attorney from McKinney, Tucker & Lemel LLC standing up for you offers the best chance of resolving your situation with a positive outcome.
Our expert Indian Land attorneys at McKinney, Tucker & Lemel have decades of experience handling criminal cases in Indian Land, Rock Hill, and other York County, S.C., communities. Contact a criminal defense lawyer today. We will fight for your rights and your future.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases We Take
If you are arrested for a crime in Indian Land, S.C., you should exercise your right to decline to answer police questions without a lawyer present. Tell the police you wish to cooperate but need to speak first to your criminal defense lawyer from McKinney, Tucker & Lemel LLC. Contact us for legal representation if you are charged with:
- Felony Offenses. If convicted of a felony charge, you may face punishment that includes prison time and/or a fine, probation, driver’s license suspension, community service or substance abuse classes. Having a felony conviction on your record may limit future educational and employment opportunities. If you are not a U.S. citizen, some convictions could prevent you from getting or renewing a visa or could result in deportation.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI). South Carolina DUI laws are strict, and drivers who drink too much and get behind the wheel may find themselves arrested for DUI. We don’t judge. We protect the rights of the accused. There are a number of defenses to a DUI charge, including potential issues in how the arresting officer administered DUI tests. It is a costly mistake to plead guilty to a DUI charge in Indian Land without speaking to a DUI defense lawyer first.
- Drug Offenses. Police and prosecutors in York County and throughout South Carolina are under political and social pressure to seek the harshest possible punishment in arrests involving marijuana, cocaine, opioids, methamphetamine, or other controlled substances. We have defended clients facing charges ranging from simple possession to drug trafficking. When appropriate, we seek to have clients with substance abuse issues referred to a treatment program. We’ll approach your drug charges defense with compassion and apply our legal knowledge and experience to seek the most positive resolution of the charges you are facing.
- Sex Offenses. Sexual assault and similar offenses shock the conscience, and in today’s climate create a stigma the moment an allegation is made. However, the evidence behind sex offense charges is often insubstantial. It is crucial to have an attorney who understands forensic and scientific evidence and the medical and physical issues at the heart of true sexual offense cases so they can fight charges that do not stand up to the facts. If you’ve been accused of a sexual offense, contact one of our Indian Hill sex crimes lawyers for help.
- Traffic Violations. It is a mistake to accept a speeding ticket or other traffic violation charge as inevitable and simply pay it off. A traffic violation in South Carolina results in points on your driver’s license record. Too many points on your license could cost you your driving privileges as well as elevated insurance premiums. You should act quickly and get help from an experienced traffic ticket lawyer from McKinney, Tucker & Lemel LLC if you are ticketed in Indian Land, S.C.
How Our Firm Approaches Criminal Defense
Our Indian Land criminal defense attorneys have defended clients accused of a variety of criminal offenses. We are experienced with all phases involved in criminal cases and can analyze any case to identify the gaps in the evidence that allow the criminal charges to be challenged and a strong defense to be mounted. We will explain to you in a clear and understandable manner our recommendations for your defense and keep you informed of what is happening as your case unfolds.
We take time to get to know our clients as individuals. We find out what things matter most to our clients, whether it’s a need for substance abuse treatment, the preservation of employment, or minimizing the publicity surrounding a case. We’ll explore every option and all possible outcomes to your case, including possible plea agreements. If it comes to that, we will make sure you know ALL of the consequences of a plea beyond what happens in court.
We have worked hard to establish a positive reputation and relationships with the York County judiciary, prosecutors, and law enforcement. Our clients reap the benefit of that respect. When our Indian Land, South Carolina criminal defense lawyers reach out about reduced charges, we are heard, and our clients’ unique situations and needs get consideration.
Regardless of the outcome attainable for you, we want our clients to feel in the end that they had strong and qualified legal representation that advocated for them. What happens to you matters to us. Our criminal law attorneys fight for the rights and the future of our clients.
Contact an Indian Land Criminal Defense Lawyer Who Cares
Anyone charged with a crime in South Carolina has the right to a robust legal defense. Further, a defendant should thoroughly understand the long-term consequences of being convicted or pleading guilty and the options that may be available to them.
The criminal defense lawyers in Indian Land at McKinney, Tucker & Lemel LLC have years of experience with criminal defense and are committed to standing up for the rights of clients like you. We will make sure you know what lies ahead and the potential of each choice so you can make informed decisions about your defense and your future.
Contact our law offices now to schedule a consultation with one of our Indian Land, S.C., criminal defense attorneys.