- Our Dedication to the Fort Mill Community
- What You Can Expect from Our Personal Injury Law Firm
- Our Attorneys Can Help If You Were in a Fort Mill Car Accident
- What Should You Do After a Car Crash in Fort Mill?
- Our Other Fort Mill Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Where Are Personal Injury Lawsuits Filed in Fort Mill?
- Statute of Limitations for Fort Mill Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Our Fort Mill Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Serve You
Fort Mill Personal Injury Lawyers
The personal injury lawyers of McKinney, Tucker & Lemel, LLC, are proud to represent individuals and families in Fort Mill and surrounding communities in York County. Having served Fort Mill for nearly half a century, our firm has deep ties in the community and works tirelessly to protect the rights of those who call this beautiful region of South Carolina home.
If you live in the Fort Mill area, and if you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you can count on McKinney, Tucker & Lemel to provide the experience, compassion and attention to detail that you need to pursue the compensation that you deserve. Call our office or contact us online to schedule your free case evaluation today.
Our Dedication to the Fort Mill Community
Located along the I-77 corridor of the northernmost part of South Carolina, Fort Mill may have once been a small town. However, today, it is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state. As the Town of Fort Mill website notes, the community has received numerous accolades, including:
- Best Places to Live Near Charlotte, N.C. (2015)
- Best Places for South Carolina Millennial Job Seekers (2015)
- 20 South Carolina Cities on the Rise (2014)
- Best Cities for Homeownership in South Carolina (2014)
- Best Places to Raise Kids (2013)
- Ten Best Towns for Families (2012).
Our attorneys are dedicated to keeping Fort Mill a desirable place to live. We do that by providing a wide range of legal services to local residents and by serving as trusted advisors and counselors in troubling times. We pride ourselves not only on the quality of services that we provide but also on our ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with our clients. Building those relationships allows us to better meet our clients’ needs.
The members of our team go beyond providing personable and quality legal services to members of the community. For instance, just this past fall, attorney Gary Lemel served as a volunteer attorney coach for the mock trial team at Fort Mill Middle School.
What You Can Expect from Our Personal Injury Law Firm
If you suffered severe injuries in your accident and are still recovering, you may wonder how you will pay for your medical and living expenses. If you cannot work right now, or if you lack health insurance, your worries may be multiplied. At McKinney, Tucker & Lemel, we do our best to help injured clients to return to normal. Even though we cannot take away their pain or make them heal any faster, we work to alleviate their financial burdens. By helping them to fight for the compensation they need to pay their medical bills and cover the cost of living, we help them to gain control over their lives.
If you face this situation, call our firm to discuss your case. One of our experienced attorneys will discuss what happened to you and give you a frank assessment of your case. The lawyer will know how to investigate your accident, litigate your case and pursue just compensation for you, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income and diminished future earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium.
Our firm will do for you what we have done for clients for decades: Work diligently on your behalf to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries. When you hire us, you can count on us to be:
- Focused – Your concerns will always be our top priority.
- Responsive – We will keep open lines of communication with you and provide frequent updates every step of the way.
- Straightforward – We will give you honest advice without sugar-coating your situation.
- Dedicated – We will identify all sources of compensation and seek the maximum amount for you.
We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not get paid unless you get paid. We cover all legal fees, including the cost of investigation, expert testimony and more, and we do not ask you to pay for any of the resources unless we secure compensation for you.
Our Fort Mill Injury Lawyers Can Help If You
South Carolina is no stranger to auto accidents. The S.C. Department of Public Safety reports that, in 2016 alone, there was:
- One traffic collision every 3.7 minutes
- One injury collision every 13.1 minutes
- One fatal collision every 9.3 hours.
Fort Mill is no safe zone. In fact, the Tom Hall Street and Banks Street intersection ranks in the top 10 worst intersections in York County. City officials estimate that 12,400 cars drive through this intersection every day. According to police reports, most accidents at the intersection are fender benders and T-bone collisions, which often occur when people try to beat the light.
As our law firm has seen, most car accidents are preventable. They stem from human error and negligence. Some common reasons for accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving.
Our firm handles all types of motor vehicle accidents, including those that involve trucks, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicyclists. Whether you are a pedestrian victim injured by a car or the driver of a recreational vehicle injured by a truck driver, our firm will:
- Investigate the accident
- Identify all responsible parties
- Explore all sources of compensation
- Pursue a settlement on your behalf
- Battle for you in court if a trial is necessary.
114 Springs St
Fort Mill, SC 29715 Phone: 803-547-5572
Fort Mill Municipal Court
112 Confederate Street.
Fort Mill, SC Tel: (803) 547-3940 x 326
Magistrate’s Office in Rock Hill
529 S Cherry Rd
Rock Hill, SC Tel: (803) 909-7600
York County Family Court (Rock Hill)
1070 Heckle Blvd
Rock Hill, SC Tel: (803) 909-7100
What Should You Do After an Accident in Fort Mill?
If you were injured in a car accident in Fort Mill, one of the first things you should do is contact an attorney. With that said, you can take additional steps that include:
- Get medical attention and follow the doctor’s orders.
- Gather all photos of the accident scene, witness names, medical bills, insurance company letters and any other documents you feel are relevant to your case.
- Keep a journal of the incident and your life following it.
- Do not talk about your case or injuries with the insurance company – even if the insurance company asks for a statement or offers you a settlement.
- Avoid discussing your case with others, including on social media.
Our firm can obtain a crash report on your behalf. However, you can also get one on your own. You can contact the law enforcement agency that responded to your crash such as the Fort Mill Police Department or York County Sheriff’s Office. You can also learn more about ordering a crash report through the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles website.
Piedmont Urgent Care – Baxter
502 6th Baxter Xing
Fort Mill, SC 29708-6428 Tel: 803-396-8100
Carolinas HealthCare System Urgent Care – Fort Mill
704 Gold Hill Rd.
Fort Mill, SC 29715-8906 Tel: 803-835-0430
Piedmont Medical Center
222 S Herlong Ave
Rock Hill, SC Tel: (803) 329-1234
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Rock Hill
1795 Dr Frank Gaston Blvd
Rock Hill, SC Tel: (803) 326-3500
Affinity Health Center
500 Lakeshore Parkway
Rock Hill, SC Tel: (803) 909-6363
Carolinas Medical Center
1000 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203 Tel: (704) 355-2000
Our Other Fort Mill Personal Injury Practice Areas
At McKinney, Tucker & Lemel, we measure our experience in decades. Our extensive background gives our firm the knowledge and insight necessary to handle a wide variety of personal injury claims, including those that involve:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises liability
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Dangerous and defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect.
Whatever your situation involves, we will give full attention to it and do everything on our side to help you move on with your life. We know that your case is important to you. It will be important to us, too.
Where Are Personal Injury Lawsuits Filed in Fort Mill?
All personal injury claims start out as private matters and are filed with insurance companies. From there, most claims can be resolved through settlement. However, in some situations, the parties may be unable to agree. Our lawyers at McKinney, Tucker & Lemel are skilled litigators. We will be prepared to fight for your rights in court if no settlement can be reached.
If a lawsuit is necessary in your case, your case would likely go through the York County Circuit Court. Each Circuit Court in South Carolina is split into two parts: Common Pleas and General Sessions. The Common Pleas division handles civil claims such as those dealing with car accidents and other types of personal injury claims.
Statute of Limitations for Fort Mill Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
Every state has a strict statute of limitations for personal injury claims. South Carolina’s statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits is three years from the date of injury, or from the date when you discovered the injury. The statute of limitations for wrongful death claims is three years from the date of a loved one’s death. If you do not file a claim within the three-year period, you forfeit all rights to compensation. However, our attorneys will make sure that you file your claim on time.
Our Fort Mill Personal Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Serve You
If you are looking for a personal injury attorney who has experience, compassion and attention to detail, look no further than McKinney, Tucker & Lemel, LLC. We are ready to serve you and other victims throughout the Fort Mill area. Schedule your free consultation today.